CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Anne Frank...

My resent obsession is Anne Frank. She is such an inspiration, and it's amazing what she went through. Behind the scene of world war II you find very personal struggles and victories that you can relate to despite the serious situation engulfing Anne's life. I think what makes her story so wonderful is that it's true, and you can actually put yourself in her place because it really happened. It's like an drama/romance story. I keep thinking that if Peter and Anne made it thorough the holocaust that they would still be in love today. I've watched half of the movie so far and I was just pouring buckets of tears. I think the reality of it is apparent to me because my grandparents were Jewish which makes me Jewish (though not a practicing Jew). I keep thinking, wow, some of my family that didn't immigrate with my great grandparents probably went through some of that same stuff. You guys should really see the movie and read her diary, it's a piece of history and we're so blessed to have such an intimate part of her heart and life at our fingertips.

(As far as her diary is concerned, I will warn you that some of you will find certain things she wrote a little inappropriate...i haven't read it in a long time so i can't remember for sure. Draw your own conclusions though.)

0 comments: